Regain your wellness and connect with nature in complete harmony with the planet.
Leave behind the months of pandemic for 6 days and 5 nights in the depths of Santa Marta, Colombia.
“From the origin of life to the heart of the world”
May the only footprint you leave be with your feet
After the health emergency, you need to regain your physical and emotional wellness. You want to leave your stress behind, but you feel:
Curious about new experiences and explore secret places.
The best way to eliminate your stress is to reconnect with the greatness of nature and with yourself.
And, how will you relax by traveling with me?
You won’t have to do anything. I’ll take care of all the reservations in Santa Marta.
You will have access to an accommodation with local people with whom you can enjoy a good coffee and a good conversation.
Summary of the expedition
Arrival at the city of Santa Marta and our house.
This day is for relaxing and getting to know the surroundings of The Pearl of America, a coastal city located by the Caribbean Sea. Transportation from the airport is included.
The adventure takes place where life began: the ocean.
There will be 2 SCUBA diving sessions where you will submerge into the depths of the beautiful Caribbean Sea.
In this part of the ocean, you will discover its rich marine life. You’ll see hard and soft corals, angelfish, parrotfish and a variety of wildlife that only exists here.
You will explore the wonderful coral reefs of the Tayrona Natural Park and its beautiful Caribbean Sea.
You will enjoy 2 dives. If you are a certified diver, we will dive to collect garbage on the ocean floor and you will obtain the PADI Dive Against Debris Diver certification.
You will visit the beautiful village of Minca where an expert will guide you to see its magnificent birds. Also, you will visit its crystal clear rivers and waterfalls where you can take a refreshing swim.
On this fifth day, we will take you to Tayrona Park, a natural reserve of the Sierra Nevada. On a quiet and relaxed beach day, you can snorkel and get to know the area’s marine life.
You will feel the connection with nature at its maximum power.
Transportation from the airport or bus terminal to the accommodation. Check-in starts at 3 p.m.
There are no activities scheduled for this day, so you can relax and enjoy the surroundings of the city.
Here are some of the views that you can enjoy just a few steps from your accommodation:
The adventure begins at 8 a.m. Depending on the weather and sea conditions, we will go to Taganga, El Rodadero or the bay of Santa Marta.
Once there, we will try out your equipment for making two dives. There will be a break between each dive to enjoy a tasty snack.
At around 2 p.m. we will take you back to your accommodation. You will have the rest of the day to relax or visit places you’d like to go to.
We will go to the diving school to pick up your equipment. Don’t forget to use sunscreen.
If you are a certified diver, you can make your contribution to ocean conservation by collecting underwater garbage.
Before the second dive, we will take a one-hour break for you to enjoy the surroundings and have a snack.
We will head back at 3 p.m. stopping at the diving school first to leave all the equipment and to separate, count and weigh the garbage collected.
You will have the rest of the day to relax or do personal activities.
We will go to the Minca’s Bird Observatory to enjoy a delicious breakfast while watching the birds eat.
Afterwards, we will go on a one-hour hike to the Marinka waterfalls depending on the weather conditions. It is not a difficult walk, but do remember to take plenty of water.
Once we reach the waterfalls, you can enjoy a good swim and a delicious drink on the giant hammocks.
Returning to Minca, we will look for a place to rest and have lunch (not included in the price).
Afterwards, we will return to Santa Marta and you will have the afternoon free for any activities you please.
We will take a car to the Zaino entrance of Tayrona Park. The trip there will take about one hour.
At Zaino, we will begin our 2-hour walk through the jungle and onto beautiful beaches.
The walk is not difficult but you will need to bring plenty of water.
We will walk on sandy beaches and bathe in La Piscina. Our tour will finish at Cape San Juan. There, we will go snorkelling and see beautiful corals.
The return walk to the park entrance will begin at 3 p.m. Arrival at the accommodation is scheduled for around 7 p.m.
Here are some photos to give you an idea of the landscapes and beaches we will visit:
Check-out will be at 11 a.m. Transportation to the airport or transport terminal is included.
Accommodation rules and details
- Check-in: Starting at 3 p.m.
- Check-out: By 11 a.m.
- Parties are not allowed.
- Smoking in the room is prohibited but allowed in the front yard.
- Accommodating other guests is not allowed under any circumstance.
- Breakfast is included in the plan.
- It is possible to extend your stay if agreed beforehand.
- The room can accommodate up to four people. It has air conditioning, a fan and a private bathroom.
- Guests can use all the common areas: living room, dining room, kitchen, etc…
- There is no hot water for showering. The average climate temperature is 30 degrees Celsius all year round.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- People who are certified SCUBA divers must send a copy of their certification to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will send you a medical questionnaire. If you answer “yes” to any of the questions, you must present medical certification to be able to dive.
- If you have to cancel the reservation, 5% of its value will be deducted.
- If for reasons of force majeure the trip could not be made, the money will be refunded in full.
- If any of the activities cannot be performed due to weather, a refund will be made for that activity.
Special offer launch!
Only for the first two expeditions 25% off
From September 13th to 17th 2021
From October 18th to 23th 2021
In multiple accommodation: 725 USD 25% off -> 543 USD per person non-diver.
In multiple accommodation: 699 USD 25% off -> 525 USD per certified diver.
30% of the value must be paid upfront when making the reservation.
The rest is paid on the first day of the experience.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- 5 nights and 6 days of accommodation in a family home.
- Breakfast starting on day 2.
- Transportation to and from the airport.
- Diving days include equipment, boat transport, snack and a drink.
- Walking days include round-trip transport, binoculars for bird watching, entrance to the waterfalls of Marinka and Tayrona Natural Park.
- Photos of the entire experience.
- A welcome gift.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Plane tickets.
- Lunches and dinners.
- Alcoholic beverages and other expenses not specified on this page.
- The use of a facemask is required at all times.
- We have disinfection areas in the accommodation and at all the places we will visit.
- The diving equipment is completely disinfected.
- The same diving equipment will be reserved for both days, so no one else will use it.
MAKE YOUR RESERVATION WITH US$150 BY CLICKING ON THE BUTTON BELOW
Follow me on social media:
Who am I?
Hello! My name is Luis J. González and I want to accompany you to reconnect with nature and with yourself through what I am passionate about: travelling and diving.
I am a software engineer and diving instructor, lover of travelling and nature. I lived 5 years in Montreal, Canada, so we can understand each other perfectly in Spanish, English or French.
During the entire experience, I will be nearby and will show you all the wonders offered by the country I was born in which is one of the most biodiverse in the world: Colombia.
I am pretty sure that in these times of uncertainty, you have lost contact with nature. I would like to invite you to reconnect to it.