Become a conservationist SCUBA diver, protect the oceans and improve your skills underwater
Contribute to ocean conservation during 6 days in the depths of the Caribbean Sea at Santa Marta, Colombia
May the only footprint you leave be with your feet
We are in a climate crisis, it is time to take action, but you are feeling:
Worried about the plastic particles ingested by the fish which later on are served in our plates.
Bored because your SCUBA dives are just swimming and watching fish, you are looking for a new purpose while diving.
Ghost fishing gear, coral bleaching and plastic pollution are becoming bigger problems in the world’s oceans
Contribute to minimizing these problems one immersion at a time.
And, How can you do your part?
Who am I?
I am a software engineer and SCUBA diving instructor, an ocean and nature lover. I lived 5 years in Montreal, Canada, so we can understand each other perfectly in Spanish, English or French.
During the entire experience, I will be nearby and will show you all the wonders offered by the country I was born in which is one of the most biodiverse in the world: Colombia
The world’s oceans are under stress like no other in history, let’s take action and do our part to protect them.
This is the path to become a conservationist diver:
Hidden by default
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
1. Online sessions, 1 day
In a first 2-hour online session you will learn about coral reefs, what they are, how they feed, different types, dangers they currently face and current conservation actions. After the session you will receive the PADI Aware certification as a Coral Reef Conservationist.
In a second 3-hour online session we will review the theoretical part of the Ghost Nets Removal course: Reasons and opportunities to remove ghost nets, gear needed, safety protocols, fishing gear characteristics, recovery procedures and subsequent activities.
2. Experience at Santa Marta, Colombia, 6 days
Around the city, you can find different places where you can taste delicious Colombian coffee and enjoy a local dish. This is to prepare you for a load of emotions that come in the following days.
For this, we will have a boot camp on the first dive, with fun exercises underwater. You will see how your skills improve and your confidence while diving increases.
And in the second dive, we will practice the necessary skills to begin removing ghost nets.
At the end of the day and if you meet all the conditions of the program, you will obtain the PADI certification as a ghost net removal diver.
Congratulations! You have earned the PADI certification as a Dive Against Debris Diver. Of course, we must first separate and count the garbage collected to enter the data into the system.
You will not be alone, from the hand of the biologist and bird expert Sebastián Ballesteros, he will show you the most exotic birds in the region. If we are of good luck we will be able to see toucans in their natural habitat.
After seeing the exotic birds of the region, we can take a walk in the ecological capital of Colombia: Minca. Small town with a warm climate, full of trees, mountains and waterfalls with crystal clear water.
It is time to inspire others at home, your family and friends. Remember that small actions now will have a big impact in the future. It is the end of our experience and I thank you for accompanying me on this journey to preserve the oceans.
On this day there are no activities so you can buy some souvenirs and prepare your bags for your next adventure.
3. After the experience
Terms and conditions
- You must send a copy of your SCUBA diving certification to email@example.com.
- We will send you a medical questionnaire. If you answer “yes” to any of the questions, you must present medical certification to be able to dive.
- If you have to cancel the reservation, 5% of its value will be deducted.
- If for reasons of force majeure the trip could not be made, the money will be refunded in full.
- If any of the activities cannot be performed due to weather conditions, a refund will be made for that activity.
Special offer launch!
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Diving days include all SCUBA equipment, boat transport, snack and a drink.
- Digital certifications from PADI
- On day 5: round-trip transport, binoculars for bird watching, entrance to Marinka’s waterfall.
- Photos of the entire experience.
- A welcome gift.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Plane tickets.
- Transport to and from the airport
- Alcoholic beverages and other expenses not specified on this page.
- The use of facemask is required at all times.
- We have disinfection areas in the accommodation and at all the places we will visit.
- The diving equipment is completely disinfected.
- The same diving equipment will be reserved for both days, so no one else will use it.
*We can recommend you some places to book nearby the area we are located.
Reserve your place!
Click on the button below and fill out the form to review your current situation and I will contact you as soon as possible.